52 weeks...52 books

My goal is to create, enhance and/or design 52 books in 52 weeks.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 4 / Black and White Accordion Fold

I saw an accordion fold book and I thought to myself "I can do this".  I took 4 double sided papers, cut them in half (6 inches).  I then scored them, lengthwise, every 4 inches.  This left 3, 4 inch sections on 2 of the papers.  The third paper, I cut into 4 inch sections.  I also had 2, 4x6 cardboard pieces for the front and back covers.  2 of the 4 inch cut pieces were glued to the 2 pieces of cardboard, these made the front and back cover.  The 3rd 4inch piece was glued to the back of the two scored papers to hold them together accordion style.  I then put the front and back covers onto the book.  The decorating and embellishing fell into place after that.  Because this was my first attempt at the accordion style book, it took me 6 hours to complete. 

Supplies: 
4 pieces of double sided paper ( will make 2 books)
Stickers, buttons, ribbon, glue, stamps, ink pad, scrap paper, bone folder, paper cutter, flowers and other embellishments.

Tip:  If you see something you like, do not be afraid to try it on your own.  If you feel it is too complicated, do not be afraid to ask if there is someone available to teach the technique.  I am part of a group of women who love to share their ideas and knowledge.  There is always a class scheduled for something.

This book was also donated to be auctioned to benefit our local school.

No comments:

Post a Comment